Monday, August 4, 2008

Endowment


This year is an amazing year for me. A lot of thing was happening at the same time. It was a miracle for me. I don't really know how to express my greatest thank to You, my God. Without Your glorious magnificent, all of these things will not be happening to me.In this blog, I want to share my happiness feeling to all of you with a great gratitude to my God, and all of my supported friends.

Firstly, at the end of April 2008, after Gita Asmara's last performance, we went back home, together inside of my friend's sport car. The car was so small, but fancy. I was sitting in the back with my son, Dede. He was sleeping, because we was going around the town all day long. The weather was so great, sunny and warm, the first warmest day at the end of the long winter. It was the first day like that in Vancouver area.
After we got closer to the UBC area, more specifically on Alma and 1oth Avenue, my friends realize that he was run out of gas, and he decided to pulled of and add some more gas for his car. I was busy talking with my wife, Putu, about our future plan and stuff, and suddenly my cellphone was ringing. It was my supervisor, Michael Tenzer. He was asking where I am. I told him that I was very close to his house. Then he said: congratulations!! I was surprise, because I was waiting for that news for a long time. I got UGF, the biggest scholarship at UBC. Thank you very much God....I said, I was really happy because UGF is my only expectation to support my financial and study, here in Vancouver.

As the day goes along, we finally passed through the long bored May and June in Vancouver. This was the first time for me and family to stay for the whole summer here. It was very beautiful though. In the previous year, we only seen Vancouver in the winter time, and because of that we ware very exited. However, I didn't have anything to do, I felt bored. Sometime I was trying to work a little bit on my Thesis. Trying to get some analysis done, digitized Michael's old recordings of Balinese Drummer, and trying to work a little bit on the outline of my Thesis.

The end of July 2008 was the greatest day in the whole summer. My gamelan summer class was finally passed the limitation. I was told that if I don't get more than 35-40 students registered, my class will not be running. But, I was so lucky, the number of student registered to my course was 36 students. And the head of School of Music gave the permission to me to run the class, and in the next day we was signing a contract.

Three days after that, I got a great surprise and considered as the best gift for me... my wife is pregnant! I was really happy to hear that. Thank you very much God... I will do my best to take care of my wife and your best glorious gift for me... All of those surprises was continuously decorated my life. I was trying to calm myself in order to not express my happiness crazily. I was in the middle of consciousness to encourage my self to work harder and harder in order to be prepared for all of these surprises.

Next week after, I got another news from my collaborator. Our grant application through cultural Olympiad succeed. We got a grant to compose a marathon piece. We will combine three different distinguish music cultures, i.e. Baleganjur, Bagpipe, and Taiko. I have to compose 45 long piece for this ensemble, and going to perform it at the same time with the Winter Olympic January 2010.
I believe that all of these luck was part of my wife's second pregnancy.

Thanks God....for all of your endowments.

2 comments:

kaman87 said...

Congratulation Sudi =) I am very happy for you!! Looking forward to see Dede's little brother/sister ^__^ I am sure he/she is as cute as Dede!

Ed said...

Hoy, Bli Sudi - ini Mas Ed. Gembira sekali - selamat dengan endowmentnya dan anaknya yang akan datang. Selamat sekali lagi ya!!